Friday, September 3, 2010

The Week of Gibraltars!

This week I started branching out ordering one regular espresso (ristretto of course) and one espresso based drink, this time a Gibraltar. I started at Quixotic and loved it so much I thought I'd have Adam try his hand at Angry Catfish. Both times a smashing success! A Gibraltar is really just a tiny latte -- espresso, milk, and a bit of foam, brilliant...

Here Adam serves up his creation...

The finished artwork...

I was also impressed at the difference between the Madcap and Intelligentsia espressos. Madcap at Quixotic was dark and dense, with an amazing deep red crema and the Intelligentsia at Catfish was bright, lively and intense. Loved them both. The quality of coffeehouses is really starting to climb in the Twin Cities. I even heard from Adam that Bull Run was opening a new coffeehouse in Calhoun Square in October. Keep pushing the envelope guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment