Sunday, October 11, 2009

Black Sheep temperature off, but then back on...


I finally returned to the Black Sheep the other day. I love this place and I remembered their espresso as being exceptional but it's over an hour round trip from my house so I don't get over there as often as I would like. They served me a Brazilian/Ethiopian espresso mix that tasted great except for the fact that they came lukewarm. It really kind of threw me for a loop. I almost took them back but finally decided not to. I've heard through the grapevine that I'm too nice to most places and I guess this is a great example of me wimping out and not taking the espresso back. I should have. For the record, I stayed long enough to have a 3rd and it was definitely the right temperature and tasted like heaven. Different barista too. So I have to chalk it up to a fluke but you definitely have to have the temperature right or you kill an important part of the process...

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you, temperature is huge. As a barista and owner, I wouldn't be upset to have a fluke returned to me- I'd rather make you a brand new one and take the hit on cost than have you displeased and thinking that is the sort of product we produce. Most good shops would agree.

    ReplyDelete