Saturday, January 9, 2010

It's sub zero so I warmed my Isles Buns...


Met my good buddy Bob Rue for coffee today at Isles Buns on 28th and Hennepin. These people have wonderful buns! And they have a vat of frosting cream you can dive into and spread all over their buns. Yummy... Oh yeah, this blog is about espresso right? Sorry, but if you tasted their buns you'd digress too.

First off, they have a Synesso! That is already half the battle. And they have big smiles so that wins a lot of favor too. If I might suggest a couple things however... Train the baristas to pull shots the way Synesso allows you to. You can control everything with those machines so make use of that. And the beans could be better. The shots were ok, don't get me wrong, just didn't have much nose and came off a little burnt and bitter. Maybe it would have tasted better if they had been pulled right. I'd make better use of that very expensive espresso machine.

Anyway, it was a great place to meet up with Bob and talk movies again and smell the smell of heaven... their buns!

No comments:

Post a Comment