Thursday, August 20, 2009

Washing my mouth out with a Kenyan...

Dropped into Brewberry's in St. Paul today. Citrus aroma and arabica and I thought maybe... No, not really, I could tell by looking at my espresso that it was a bit thin. Thin seems to be "in" unfortunately. Kind of smooth and bitter but where are the emulsions, the oils? So I headed over to Kopplin's and who should I see???

Yep, the clan from Public Coffee House... That was nice to run into all of them and I can't wait to see what they can do when they open! Go PCH! And Andrew pulled an excellent Kenyan for me which made me forget my previous experience. Cool day...

2 comments:

  1. A Relevant Paragraph from Jonathan Safran Foer's "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close" (p.243)-
    "Nancy Black's roommate told us Nancy was at work at the coffee store on Nineteenth Street, so we went there, and I explained to her that coffee actually has more caffeine than espresso, even though a lot of people don't think so, because the water is in contact with the grounds for a much longer time with coffee. She told me she didn't know that. 'If he says it's true, it's true,' Mr. Black said, patting my head. I told her, 'Also, did you know that if you yell for nine years, you'll produce enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee?' She said, 'I didn't.' I said, 'Which is why they should put a coffee store next to the Cyclone at Coney Island! Get it?' That made me crack up, but only me. ...I went to the bathroom and gave myself a bruise."

    ReplyDelete