Sunday, September 13, 2009

Jackson's and Rue...


Met musician and film aficionado Bob Rue to discuss all things at Jackson's Coffee and Gelato, a new place on the corner of Bryant and Lake in Uptown. And I loved it! Kyler, the owner was there and we talked espresso, beans, importers, roasting. I was served an excellent 2 espresso (yes, they were both good) that had just the right bright aroma and aftertaste of nuts and barley. Turns out they get their beans from Flamenco which I'd never heard of but was very impressed by. It had just the right pull and a nice crema to top it off and there you go, that's all it takes to make me happy.

Of course I had to try the gelato so I tasted a cup of their pistachio. High quality. The place has a nice wide open airy feel to it so it was the perfect place to chill with Bob, sip my coffee, eat gelato and talk film, music, the virtues and vices of big bad LA and how we've kind of got it good in this town of ours...

No comments:

Post a Comment