Saturday, July 11, 2009

Bad Waitress because there is none...


Chris and I decided to meet at Bad Waitress at 26th and Nicollet for our almost weekly get together to talk all things China and music. The Bad Waitress has everything for the aspiring "I need a cool place for everything" kind of person. It has great food, booze, ambience and oh yes, coffee. And good coffee. My espresso had a strangely familiar taste and I realized it was because they were affiliated with Spyhouse where you will recall I had an awesome espresso.
We settled in and discussed the current situation in the Xinjiang region of China along with preparing a possible gig on our beach that is top secret for now so I can't say more. It's going to suck to see my good friend head off to China to work and study but at least we'll be able to share espresso via Skype or somesuch method. Unless, of course the Chinese decide to crack down and ban everyone from drinking espresso. We'll have to wait and see. Espresso does have some subversive elements, that's part of the reason I like it so much... Of course in the jolly old USA they still have the death penalty... barbarians indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment