Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Finally some good espresso!

Behold beauty in a cup. To drink is divine....

Funny how I go on a rant about how no one can "finish" an espresso in this town and then the next day I walk into Amore Coffee in St. Paul and bam! Great espresso. The difference you ask? The barista knew what she was doing and they had ristretto shots. Ahhhh. I felt reborn. The minute I smelled it I knew I was in for something and wow did it make the hair on the back of my neck stand up, but in a good way... Lemony and killer acidity combined to make this a "pick me up and a half" shot that blew me away with it's taste and beautifully extracted oils... Maybe it was a little over the top on the acidity range but it had been so long... Thank you Amore Cafe!

You'll have to tear through this grill to get to my espresso!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet. I'm glad they didn't disappoint... and Paul wasn't even workin so I have a feeling some good things are goin on over there.

    ReplyDelete