Thursday, June 4, 2009

2 Espressos and some Chinese please...



My good friend Chris Corbett suggested we meet in St. Paul at Bravo Bakery near the corner of Lexington and Grand. I was surprised to find out it was owned by a Chinese family, but if you knew Chris you wouldn't be. The bakery items looked delicious but I was there for the espresso so I ordered it and enjoyed. My take on the espresso? They use Lavazza beans which wasn't very unique but nevertheless provided a pretty good experience. The taste was fairly smooth, not too bitter, rather average but the crema was a beautiful brown with just a touch of red and hung around quite awhile. Medium body too, not watery like some places, medium taste. Regular pull allowed me to sip quietly for awhile and take in the bakery's atmosphere. It was then that I looked up and saw that they also had a vegetarian Chinese menu and being pretty hungry I tried the tofu and brown sauce with broccoli and brown rice. It was prepared simply and kind of lent itself to the whole zen like espresso experience. Nice place, nice people, good food and not bad espresso. And considering it was the 20th anniversary of the crackdown at Tiananmen it seemed like we were in the right place at the right time. 3/5 shots.

它的口味非常好


Nice body and crema...

No comments:

Post a Comment