Friday, June 19, 2009

Perfect coffee is best shared...

Met rock star extraordinaire, Chinese language guru and good buddy Chris Corbett at my favorite haunt to introduce him to the wonders of Kopplin's coffee. I think he was impressed...



The barista suggested I do a blind taste test of the Brazilian and Ethiopian to see if I could tell the difference so that was kind of fun. I'm happy to say I had no trouble telling the Brazilian (thicker and creamier) from the Ethiopian (tangy and more acidic with a nice bite to the tongue). I thought I had a preference but now I have to say that I like them both, but for different reasons. And that's the beauty of well prepared espresso, you have many different possibilites open up to your senses. Plus I'm only getting started here with coffee having more than 700 flavor constituents to wine's 150 so bring it on!

Brazilian on the top, Ethiopian on the bottom...


2 beans I love and thousands left to taste...

Thanks to Chris for making my 2 espresso more than just tasting coffee! Rock on...

Kopplin's as always is 5/5 shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment