Sunday, June 21, 2009

They blew up a bridge today...



Started the day off seeing a bridge get blown (get your mind out of the gutter) and then later dropped into Taraccino Coffee to relax with my daily ritual. Seeing the bridge get blown up and knowing they were going to replace it with some god awful poor excuse for a design space bridge made me kind of sad and nostalgic. But taking the time to sip my espressos and forget about all that is part of the beauty of my daily routine. While they're dismantling the world I grew up in I always have a place I can escape to and get back to basics.

Boom goes the bridge...


And Taraccino Cafe afforded me a bit of a respite. The place is typical of many smaller coffee houses with a non descript decor and utility about it that says "drink your coffee simply" and then go about your day. The espresso beans are roasted at local Cannon Falls Roaster Direct. No tangy flavor here, just your regular good organic roast. You that know me know I like my espressos to have a bite and acidity to them. None here, but nevertheless a decent cup of strong coffee never hurt anyone. With very few exceptions everybody here in the Twin Cities prefers to prepare "espresso longo" which is what it is. But as I said, good cup of coffee, just not art in a cup.

Well you'll have to excuse me, I have to go see which part of the past they're going to tear down next. And keep searching for that perfect espresso that tastes like days gone by...

No comments:

Post a Comment