Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Fireroast Mountain Cafe...

I knew when I saw the tamales sign Fireroast Mountain Cafe was going to be different. You walk in and it smells like Mexican food crossed with a coffee, which is exactly what it is. The place had a nice relaxed kind of feel and Lisa who made my espresso was really helpful. The atmosphere of the place was neighborhood cool and the fares looked pretty tasty. The coffee was organic freetrade and the espresso is mostly French roast Costa Rican from the Central Valley and there are also some Guatamalan beans from San Pedro as well as some Sumatran beans. She also told me they didn't claim to be espresso afficianado's but I said just hit me with 2 and she did. And it was organic and freetrade and not bad tasting but like most places I'm encountering it was a longo shot with a bit much water in it. It was smoky, dry and dark and the crema disappeared rather quickly. 2/5 shots. They really do make up for it in atmosphere though. I've got to go back there to eat soon. It smelled too good!


Nice place to hang...

Crema kinda...


Fireroast Mountain Cafe 3800 37th Ave, S Mpls

No comments:

Post a Comment